[udig-devel] WFS Editing back in the game

Apparently Jesse called my bluff with respect to DataStore events being issued, the WFS DataStore currently does not send out any change events (and thus was not getting committed - even when changes had been made). Jesse's check to see if the layer isDirty is not commented out, and editing of GeoServer is working again.

I spent most of the day on the WFS client code, most bugs fell into the simple mistake (stray encoding of a '&'), or the usual confusion of CRS and bounding box. Both GeoServer and MapServer were tested.

The change/test cases for WFS have been submitted to David Zwiers (the geotools module maintainer), they are available here:
- http://svn.geotools.org/geotools/branches/wfs-testing/

David is off on holiday so we may end up releasing uDig 1.0 based on a split build of 2.1.x and this branch of wfs.
Now off to explore where the WFS events go to.

Jody

Back to the top