Re: [udig-devel] Some problems found while reviewing SVN Head

Thank you for the testing. I'm going to add them to the JIRA and we'll try to fix these issues for 1.0. They pretty major issues.

Jesse
Tony Kennedy wrote:

Hi

I've been asked by Tony Kennedy to do some testing and test harness generation on uDig, here are some of the problems found while reviewing SVN head downloaded at 0830 this morning:

Create New Project:
No warning given if name the same as existing project just repeats "Please provide etc. msg", instead of "project exists" error msg behavior is safe no overwrite existing project.

Open project on file system with same name as existing project, creates two projects with same name, new project contains empty map entries (when using the same data source) no error msg or console output. Other operations on new project normal.
Rename it add more entries and all is well.

Web Services:
Connect to a web service, close down, restart with simulated network problem, try to reuse web service causes an exception "java.net.UnknownHostException: demo.cubewerx.com" catalog entry remains but unusable no sensible user feedback.

Sorry if these are already known I'm new to the project, I will work through the user entry points today and report if anything is found

Susan Black