Re: [udig-devel] Custom Renderer

DXF is a CAD format, so there are a couple of implementation pathways. One is to pretend it is a simple vector format, and let it be rendered using the existing infrastructure. But, because it is a CAD format, it has its own rendering information built right into the file (line weights, colors, fonts, etc). So a custom renderer could put it onto the screen verbatim. On the other hand it would then be fiddly to do nice things like *change* the stylings using the existing infrastructure (I think).
Paul