[udig-devel] Re: Geowidgets?

Hi developers

My geowidgets initiative makes good progress. Until now I have managed to build
an API(interfaces + implementation) for
- creating CRS-related objects ( + GeoTools implementation)
- lookoing up CRS-related objects (- EPSG via ODBC implementation)
- CRS widget implementations for Swing.

They are working (e.g. producing GeographicCRS objects), but need some more
additions and testing. Also I want to expand the current concept to Projected
CRS and 3D CRS versions.

Currently I had some idea that I'd love to see implemented in uDig: AFAIK every
data layer has a CRS attached if it is georeferenced. My idea is that some view
(e.g. the legend view) shows the CRS name as a child entry of the layer, and
when the user clicks on it the CRS entry, the CRS' properties are shown in the
properties view (not as WKT string as currently, but as separate properties
each). The user could there select Geodetic datum, ellipsoid, projection a.s.o.
from dropdowns using the geowidgets API for the "behind the scenes" logic.
I've already tried to figure out to create own propertysheet entries. I guess
you know how to do it, since you are already using the properties view.

P.S. Does anybody know how to install the EPSG_v65.mdb MS Access database under
linux and access if from Java there, if that's possible at all?

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Back to the top