[udig-devel] Re: XDO status and planning

Chris Holmes wrote:
What are they doing for ows-3?
I am not sure what part deegree is playing, had a great time talking to them though. See recent IRC logs for my ideas about an geotools outreach program (now that GeoAPI has been retasked from such efforts).

And what exactly are you guys doing?

We are being the DSS Client (DSS = Decision Support Services). The hard part of that is being a GeoVideo service client, chaining up a FeaturePortrayalService and possibly having to pick up some GML3. We are the client so this is not the GeoServer work I had hoped for.

We did talk to James and DBlasby about making a spike project similar to the OSI Framework idea I put forth some time ago. Basically the first layer of that design where the request/response dispatch system, and a basic Registry Facade using the udig identifiers rather than the namespace:typename and datastoreId:::typeName system that GeoServer uses.

Udig uses url#typeName (or url#layerName). Justin is going to be looking into this, and we had a conference call with James and Dblasby to figure out the license, technical, and location issues.

license: an escape clause in the GeoServer RequestResponse interfaces so that LGPL Geotools/Udig stuff can plugin into the system.
location: subversion spike, we can see where it best fits after
technical: mostly summarized above

Jody

Back to the top