Re: [udig-devel] Problem with PostGIS data

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 18:26 -0400, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Robert Aldridge wrote:
> > I'm having an issue in uDig accessing PostGIS layers.
> > I open uDig, create a new project and add 4 layers
> > from my PostGis database.  After zooming in and
> > panning around for a while, the layers stop rendering
> > and I get the following in my postgresql logfile:
> >
> > LOG:  database system was shut down at 2005-04-21
> > 14:32:27 CDT
> > LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/A67B240
> > LOG:  redo record is at 0/A67B240; undo record is at
> > 0/0; shutdown TRUE
> > LOG:  next transaction ID: 34045; next OID: 171770
> > LOG:  database system is ready
> > LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
> > FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already
> > FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already
> > FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already
> > FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already
> > FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> This is where I ask Jesse if he is closing his Transactions?
> I can think of no other way to get into the above situation.
>
> Jody

As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with transactions.  Panning
and zooming doesn't open any (other that feature readers).  I think
we'll need to do a search to ensure that LiteRenderer closes all its
reads (I'm pretty darn sure it does though).

I haven't personally had a problem like this, mind you I haven't hit
postgis hard recently either.   I'll see what I can find.

Jesse

Back to the top