[udig-devel] Re: CRS - "Bursa wolf parameters required."

Paul Ramsey wrote
> One thing we can do (prepare for the pain) is to add yet more
> information to our DatumAliases -- for each DatumAlias, add the BW
> transform parameters to WGS84. That way, if we come across a particular
> datum name, but lack TOWGS[] information, we can fill it in ourselves.
> Otherwise it'll be death and destruction quite frequently: most apps
> generating WKT do *not* generate the TOWGS[] portions of the WKT.

Maybe this is a very stupid question: Doesn't support GeoTools the use of the
EPSG database for getting the transformation parameters? AFAIK most CRS are
exactly defined in the EPSG database (including Bursa wolf parameters and other
means of reprojection), so all missing information can be retrieved from it,
cannot it?

Since I'm interested in the reprojection functionality myself, maybe someone can
shortly outline to me how this currently handled in uDig/GeoTools2.1.

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Back to the top