[udig-devel] SLD's and attribute-based styling

   Unfortunately, I think at this point uDig doesn't have
basic features I need to make it a day-to-day tool for my projects. For example, the ability to style features in a layer according to attributes, or to pre-filter features to display according to a set of attribute criteria. Also, the absence of "analysis" features (buffering, overlay, etc) and a table-based viewer for attributes.

Understood. We do support full SLD documents. Drag and Drop the SLD document onto the layer. I have heard from three developers that want to do this work (4 if I include myself). So far everyone has proved to busy.

I didn't know that. Good. But creating SLD's by hand is not very enticing. I definitely look forward to seeing the interactive functionality in place. The ability to select styling interactively, then export an SLD for re-use in other applications (eg, Mapserver) would be very nice, too.

Thanks.

-Emilio

Back to the top