[udig-devel] Basic Authentication now in uDig

uDig now supports basic authentication. If you attempt to connect to a service and it returns a 401 - authorization required, uDig will prompt you for a username and password.

It is not complete and the following work needs to be done on it:

- Security Manager needs to be configured properly to disallow any further setting of the default Authenticator object. If other code sets it, it will nuke the UDIGAuthenticator that is set at startup. WFS currently does this (and I am going to go fix that right now).

- Needs to be internationalized. (Will do it if I have time)

- Needs to persist username/password across sessions of uDig. The UI is setup to support this (it is commented out right now), but saving/loading needs to be implemented.

Richard

Back to the top