Re: [udig-devel] SVN

Hi developers,
speaking about how to find out about new/deleted packages:

There is the option offered by your project to use the "automatic" checkout with
Subclipse using the "uDig.psf" project file.

Some critical feedback on this:
Whilst this idea is good, in practice it is rather problematic if this file is
not always up-to-date. I tried this automatic checkout two times - both times I
had to realize afterwards that some packages were missing (e.g. new native
language packages were available in the mean time). Looking which packages were
missing and downloading them took quite some time, not to mention the confusion
until I found out THAT some were missing.

In future I will just use the "manual checkout" with Subclipse, that is,
download all fragemnts and plugins (or the ones I need). That's easy too and
free of such problems.

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de