[udig-devel] User guide's and help system's future

Hi uDig developer's

Maybe I should have asked that a bit earlier already:
How does the project team suggests that the
- user guide on the web page
- the uDig help and
- their translations
are to be maintained and kept up-do-date in the future?

I've read some comments on that in this list and JIRA, but I don't think I've
gotten the overall picture yet. And I'm a bit confused, since the uDig web page
changes its layout weekly (It looks nice now!), and I constantly have to update
links.

Especially some questions arise to me:
- The wiki user's guide is the basis for the help system, isn't it?
- Where should contributers do changes to the user's guide: Should they edit the
wiki, the help system or both?
- How is a consistent layout guaranteed, especially in a wiki?
- It's probably impossible to keep several language version synchronized at all
times. So, how and how often shall the translated versions get updated.
(Usually this happens for every major release.) Should they use the English
version as basis for retranslation every time or should they "just" update
existing translations?

Matthias Basler
c9bama@xxxxxxxxxxx

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de