[udig-devel] M5a is dead, long live M4

As many of you know, we have recently attempted a run at Eclipse M5a.

Unfortunately, both our internal tests, those performed by uDig
contributors, and the Eclipse community have fallen short of our
requirements. We have decided to back port a few classes from the M5
API (to do with wizards), and to continue working with Eclipse M4.
When M6 comes out these classes will simply be removed.

The changes API changes we were interested in (Commands and ActionBar API)
are not available in M5 leaving us no tangible benefit.

We hope that the future M6 release, when released, is more thoroughly tested.
We are looking forward to posting a uDig 0.9.0 release candidate later
today for feedback. This will be eclipse M4 based.

Thanks to everyone for your patience, and feedback surrounding this issue.
Jody Garnett

Back to the top