Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:52:28 -0800
From: Jody Garnett <jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] CRS support
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
<udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Erich Deffner wrote:

>Hallo,
>
>I tried to display certain WMS located in Germany.
>Capability request was answered and understood by uDig, but
nothing is
>displayed due to CRCs used.
>
>How can following CRCs implemented and supported by uDig?
>
>EPSG:31466...EPSG:31469 (Gauß-Krüger band 2..5)

Yes they can - I am just thinking through this problem now.

The best idea I have had so far is:
1) a "epsg.properties" file in the users home directory (for
"new" end
user supplied codes)
2) a "epsg.properties" file in the udig application
directory (for "new"
codes shared between end users)
3) submit EPSG code (and WKT) to the list and I will
included it in the
geotools library for you

Will this work?
Jody