[udig-devel] Info view/tool

As seen on the website (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/UDIG/Home) I am working on a "info" tool at the moment. This is the typical tool used to query the map, and report back what is "at" a given location.

We are going to use this a example of a user-interface concept we hope will allow udig to be extensible in the face of tens to hundreds of tools (This topic was covered in the User Interface and Framework Recommendations document of Milestone 2).

What is this UI concept? The Information View will provide the Info tool as part of its own local toolbar, even though
it controls the state of the Map Editor.

On a related note the GEF project provides a nice palette model we may be able to leverage.

Back to the top