Re: [udig-devel] A short guide to EMF

[snicker]  sorry.  Chris and everyone else listening.  For many listening EMF will not affect you.  EMF is a the acronym for Eclipse Modelling Framework which UDIG uses.  It is very deeply buried in UDIG so unless you plan on maintaining UDIG or playing with its internals you will not need to use EMF other than understanding how to add listeners to an object.

Code generated using EMF can use a number of interesting functions provided by the framework such as simple fault tolerant persistence, automatic event notification for attribute changes, a VERY efficient reflection mechanism and some interesting relationship contrainst enforcement, such as containment and multiplicity.

This page was written primarily for the UDIG team but any one else that is interested may take a peek and direct any questions they have my way.

Jesse