[udig-devel] Registry refactoring

Hello all,

Registry is getting a face-lift today. After some extensive design
sessions, Registry has been renamed to ICatalog, and will have new child
elements IService. IService instance will be created using
IServiceFactory (to hide the creation magic), and will have IServiceInfo
objects (metadata). CatalogEntry instances (TypeEntry and
WMSCatalogEntry) have been replaced with IGeoResource, which also has a
metadata object (IGeoResourceInfo).

There have also been some other changes to these interfaces, including
top level searching based on ogc filters in the catalog, and back
pointers to an element's parent (avoids nasty nested loop searches).

I should also note that we are gaining the ability to lazily load much
of the data, reducing the required memory imprint :).

ETA for the changes: Interfaces -> completed
		     First Draft -> IP
		     Completion -> sometime tomorrow

David

Back to the top