[udig-devel] RCP FAQ updated

Link:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-ui-home/rcp/faq.html

It contains an answer we have been looking for - how to specify where the perspective bar goes

*How can I change the default UI settings for the perspective bar location, fast view bar location, etc?
*

Define a product <http://help.eclipse.org/help30/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/product_def.htm> via the products extension point <http://help.eclipse.org/help30/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/product_def_extpt.htm> and add the following property:

        <property
              name="preferenceCustomization"
              value="plugin_customization.ini"/>

Then create a file called |plugin_customization.ini|, in the same directory as the |plugin.xml| file, with contents of the form:

	<pluginId>/<preferenceName>=<preferenceValue>

For example, to show the perspective bar and fast view bar on the left, and to use curvy tabs, add the following to the |plugin_customization.ini| file:

	org.eclipse.ui/DOCK_PERSPECTIVE_BAR=left
	org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_TEXT_ON_PERSPECTIVE_BAR=false
	org.eclipse.ui/initialFastViewBarLocation=left
	org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_TRADITIONAL_STYLE_TABS=false

Back to the top