[udig-devel] udig field schema

I have set up a custom field-scheme for UDIG in Jira.

It has a few less fields included vs the usual default, the order has been changed to optimize issue entry.
More specific descriptions have been defined:
ie
- Components:

Important: please select all that apply (hold down control when selecting)

- Enviornment:

Operating system, java version, RCP version and/or hardware, server details as needed Example: |XP, JRE 1.5, RCP 3.1M3 against WMS 1.3 http://www.refractions.net:8080/geoserver/wms|

*Blocker*-prevents development, *Critical*-prevents release, *Major*-prevents function, *Minor*-requires workaround, *Trivial*-cosmetic problem

*

Features:
- During entry you can see all the fields that you must fill out without scrolling. - Fields that are used during processing have been moved to the end of the form (Assign To, Fix Version). - The form is divided with an <hr> tag at this point - text provides the following hint to end users:

The rest of this form is used as your issue is processed
Tips & Tricks for timely service:
- Attach screen snapshots, and log files
- link to related bugs
These actions can be performed once you issue is created

Annoyances:
- Additional fields are manditory vs the default: Components, Affected Versions - both of these have an "Unknown Field" if people don't know - Test and Wish have been provided as additional "Issue Types" over and above the Jira cannon - the linked documentation does not provide a definition of these new entries, and when picked up by Confluence no icons are available. - Components only allows three entries to be scene at a time - it is almost impossible to choose the ones needed (probably why nobody does it)
Temptations:
- I am tempted to make Enviornment manditory - the fact that there is no "easy default" prevents me

When you next submit a issue for udig feel free to send me feedback.

Jody

Back to the top