Re: [udig-devel] location tech initial contribution update
From:
Wayne Beaton <wayne@eclipse.org>
Date:
05/27/2013 09:53 AM
To:
udig-devel@lists.refractions.net

On 05/27/2013 03:43 AM, Frank Gasdorf wrote:
Question:
* How do we handle *-screen files (created with WireframeSketchers). These are ecore-model files but are not required at runtime. We used it to document RFC's initial UI ideas. Remove these?
If you feel that these files have continuing value, you should check with the IP team. They have experience with code generators. My understanding is that the licensing of the tool used does not necessarily imply the license of the content generated from that tool. Likewise, it would be worth checking with them regarding screenshots and what-not generated from those ecore files.

I believe that this introduces an implied proprietary tool dependency on WireframeSketchers. As you have no-doubt guessed already, we have a policy:

http://eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Using_Proprietary_Tools_Final.php

HTH,

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation