Re: [tycho-user] having Maven provision the eclipse target platform directly from a Maven repository

Also, I do organize some of my 3rd party plugins ( the ones I want to add to my target ) into features. I have a project setup to create a p2 repository out of these feature groups. I think, move this repo to an instance of tomcat ( or whatever ) and then proxy that site through Nexus. I can then "shop" for 3rd party features for my target that way.

In order to build the p2 repository, I utilize the 3rd Party repo in Nexus to upload the 3rd party plugins individually. I then p2 enabled the 3rd party repo. This way, when tycho assembles the p2 repo it can download those plugins from nexus. This may seem clunky at first, but it has really started to flow better for us.

Another thing I do is I have multiple p2 proxies that I also group together using the Group feature in nexus. I can then just use that repo address in the repositories section of my pom. I can also add it as a mirror in my settings.xml.

Hope that helps.

Neil