Re: [tycho-user] Tycho and dependencyManagement

Mistria - you need to separate the notion of maven repositories and p2 repositories.
These two can be handled differently.

The only reason why it is bad to have repositories listed directly in your pom.xml is that maven has this brilliant/bad/weird idea that anyone that depend on such a pom also need to get that repository added into their build - its basically "leaking" in the build details of how projext X was built into projext Y which is just *using* not building project X.

With Tycho this is different, especially if you just use target platform + .target file since these do *not* affect the users of your pom.xml AFAICS.

In short, this means Tycho has the possibility to proper isolate the specific list of repositories used at build time which is much better than what default maven's repository listings provides.

/max