Re: [triquetrum-dev] Triquetrum errors in org.eclipse.triquetrum.workflow.actor.plot

Christopher, all,

I've gone through the getting started / from source again myself, and I see what the issue is : the Project-Import-From-Git-Repository thing by default also includes projects from sub-folders (like examples in this case).
Which should not be the case in my opinion.

For now the easiest solution for me is to adapt the Wiki documentation, to mention that the example projects should not be imported in a default Triquetrum workspace (done).

About the configuration management :

The goal for me is that we are able to demonstrate the modularity/extensibility without impacting the core/default project, workspace setup and automated build. At the same time, we should be able to store&distribute extension modules ourselves somehow. (e.g. for the CapeCode work and other significant specialized extensions) For the moment we just have one GitHub repository for Triquetrum, but maybe this is not optimal with respect to both requirements.

As you mentioned, extensions will typically require extra third-party dependencies, on top of the default Triquetrum dependencies (and some Triquetrum bundles themselves that provide the used APIs etc). My proposition would be that each self-contained extension would have its own target-definition, feature and build setup.

The implication is that a developer would typically need to setup separate workspaces for working on core Triquetrum or on extensions (or would need to switch targets at least, when combining everything in one workspace).

When we want to go for the "separate-targets-approach", but also want a clear split in repository storage to avoid the need to edit default import settings, some options could be :
- moving the examples/extensions to a separate GitHub repository?
- moving the examples/extensions to separate branches?
- ... ?

erwin