[transformer-dev] Can I use transformer-maven-plugin to transform dependency jars

Hello,

I am working on a large project with a bunch of dependencies, and we are updating to Java 11.

Camel is still using javax and depends on v2.x Jakarta libs.  But we have other libraries that have moved on and use v3.x Jakarta libs.

As an experiment, I downloaded the Eclipse Transformer project version 0.4.0, built it and used the org.eclipse.transformer.cli-0.4.0.jar to transform each lib in turn.

This was very successful, so I tried to incorporate that into the maven build.  I'd like to run the transformer maven plugin against dependencies before they are added to an RPM.

But I'm running into issues.  It only seems to operate on the artifact that the project is currently creating and nothing else.  Is that the current state of the plugin as of 0.4.0?

Has anyone done this?

It appears there is some documentation for the plugin on the main branch, but it doesn't match the 0.4.0 version.

Looking at the code on main, it appears to be gaining functionality.  Maybe it can do what I need?  If so, any idea when a 0.5.0 release candidate might be ready?

Thanks,
Frank

Back to the top