[tractusx-dev] R24.12 next steps in refinement phase - Refinement Day
  • From: Stephan Bauer <stephan.bauer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 07:35:28 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=catena-x.net; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=catena-x.net; dkim=pass header.d=catena-x.net; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=4WqeFLkqXF+l9z7UlGaB+MYbAEpxXZ6bX1mJt/p8cHE=; b=wtaH+UivtGRxeORdsHm39qxAMQt3v42O9ObZn+Tk6yeKpAvsd7jMdfB1mQo/5Vu+ZO+A2jkFZGbcMNRt/qGyheZNhxuteIiP+aqmO+A2Z23GSFcugLoRgPwWj3Zm0K9EWlx2QZ7lsjeVxo7Vgvk5j7oUeG/iiHsvBGYSFmIukrVadc6KoNdoEFAFhSmiHcrXVQnfwkNWNH0DJcKuG02BbnvUkUsR3uABSeaOder1pH3Y8RcczG7HoB5/Pp8NY9r1WpdgZ8UftScvCxuzoND3vaHWb1M4ljY2yNJ5s2gc8mJyeoPYZUBLR8JS17Mlsm2dH9l4hYYrS75K2bBeeEytJg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=hQ7Wun+m/wBeJSpbRs3K9GADZSV6mvsU6+ZnoW2PDp4WX5qu2t/hKRhadZEANqY3nNiEU4kL9zyL5HrvxnD/zh3761sTs/HQLvNyWB7rWNt7QQT3OdQNVJ8sc4ch5WX4RkKUv5MVOoFbfvLffWaS2j9Au6IrEiHOeFF9Ji2S4Zx6OtfpS+FH9odCcHj6Rhk3o1sMPDUyJmrDraBD/SObalwVY8jdgZZBc0PdcO6fMlWGaj90zJ+9Yi4P1L1aEOLH0oHVXGgtjokhTwTdO5L//WKftjIVdvg4QS8zwHpvzx4/M/Fic7Ug9h//dnHdGG8Hhn2k62NYjs8PFLYhz2QEkQ==

Dear Community,

As you know,  we are in the refinement phase. Now its time to proactively refine the features -> driven by the committee/expert groups from the association. Your help as contributor/committer is needed.

It is important to work together during the refinement phase. Committees and expert groups are responsible for creating the features (requirements). They support the features throughout the entire release and contribute their expertise. The open-source community is essential for the technical part and must be involved in the refinement of the features (especially the committers). Without a committer, the feature won't make it into the release. Contributors/Committers should create Issues aon product specific repositories and link them with the feature.

Terminology: feature proposal should be linked with one or more User Stories/Subtasks (issues in product-specific repositories)

Refinement Day (only open source related)

Next Monday, we will have our next meeting in the refinement phase. As always, for open meetings, you can find it on the open meetings page. This event is organized and moderated by the Catena-X Association. We will talk/discuss about the Feature proposal on the  planning board (in GitHub). The goal is to prepare the features in a way, that we can change the status to Backlog => which means we want to talk about them in the open planning.

This is an opportunity to discuss the current refinement state, locate dependencies, discuss, and ask questions related to the feature, the process. The feature author/assignee is driving the feature.

To be able to discuss features, we need features on the board. Here is just a brief reminder of how are features created on the board in the sig-release repository.

Please note that while you are technically creating an issue, in the business process, this is referred to as a “Feature proposal.” To avoid confusion, keep the following guidelines in mind for each issue you create:

  • MUST set the label “Prep-R24.12” (only issues with this label will be considered in the refinement/release planning).
  • MUST keep the status on “Inbox” until the feature met the Definition of Entry
  • SHOULD set additional labels to highlight dependencies to other components (e.g. portal, edc …)
  • MUST NOT set the Milestone. This is done together during planning days
  • SHOULD include as much detail as possible in the issue. Please refer to the Definition of Entry (DoE) for guidance.
  • MUST add a link to the new generated issue in the corresponding roadmap item (in the road map item, not the way around)
  • MUST link the supporting Group with filed supported-by (open the feature right box “Release Planning”). If your Expert Group is not available, please select the committee

In the current state, we don’t expect so many discussions because there was already enough time to talk about dependencies. Some features were already discussed in the DRAFT Feature freeze. Please make sure, also these features are presented again because in most cases we missed the committer there. Please take care of a committer and tag the committer in the issue.

If a feature is further broken down into tasks by adding issues in the component repositories, these issues MUST be linked to their parent feature proposal.

Who is invited

  • Everybody, it’s an open meeting
  • Expert groups
  • Committees
  • former product owner

Agenda

  • 09:05 – 09:30    Welcome, overview, current phase, expectations,  tooling, boards
  • 09:30 – 11:00    Feature discussion group by group *
  • 11.00 – 12:00    Buffer

* This views shows the features, which could be discussed (if your feature is not on the board, make sure, you used the correct labels)

=> currently 47

  • 09:30 – 09:45 -> SUS, IC
  • 09:45 – 10:00 -> PQR
  • 10:00 – 11:00 -> NES

Next Milestone Events:

  • 31.07. and 01.08 - Planning Days: Present the features which already met the DoE. The milestone is set to 24.12 if the audience agrees on it.  Features with milestone MUST now have a committer and all dependencies MUST be resolved.

Stephan

Stephan Bauer

Platform Domain Manager

Catena-X Automotive Network e.V.
Reinhardtstr. 58  10117 Berlin
Tel: +49 30 53607799  Mobil +49 151 67353921

stephan.bauer@xxxxxxxxxxxx

wDFzTaBsC7jUQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Folgen Sie uns auf LinkedIN

Vereinsregister beim Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg) Nr D1537

Vorstandsvorsitzender: Oliver Ganser

Book a meeting with me

Eclipse Foundation Committer Badge badge image. Validation. Foundational level. Issued by Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top