Re: [tractusx-dev] Review for TRG 5.07 - PostgreSQL version
  • From: "Gurschler Evelyn, FG-222" <Evelyn.Gurschler@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 12:10:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=bmw.de; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=bmw.de; dkim=pass header.d=bmw.de; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=tvY5+JtMhWje9iezvAcAsVK3ZZd6qJMgR9a/TV/u+yc=; b=OpfTTGLlTXcCqM1QOv1/KVsV3Df2RhUO4Ht09ft2Hue282MPduV3WGp2DgvIHrkZC1t4aNzfec3CYmQuC0PHqZ8wRXfBMqnRuXaRwXjwYBOToNYnwL6Ze64NZ+Q8FGfZdg+BbENU8QY/1BW8fWemq+OgKpzuWFkOOs6S95h8SsSqNwpQMxHdhrnknN93GAHPSouPcmNg2uSbb7bLPbzBtY03g3M3X3I+mhORmcn/PT0Cw3CAEpTraD0I/veE3NtQWFqLftSqUy5bm4bnic1TamZWJg5sigJmF+e5JKZFKQ0hxufLd3ig+5JGpPtpYAXCnCBzzZ5Is+AOareYS/pD7w==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=AHEBkmOCaQLu7Gr49TX3asjNe/JzFSBRmMG16nYgm+T49Qu32+fsd4rzC1c6G2l6hmOQfDX8AmBI5Lw3i3ybzYcGJ8UW3bQBEzmy87diR3sKmqVrcwl8FuAvDH5SMAmnV1oQAkpj3YnyaS0Qisz8ukgDUlNpgGLPP7w77jHAS7Qk5Sk0ZBQeb0VMo0B87glXui8XVxXFCQZpkGKHerOYTf1UM6NKNZUcjmKUEqQhzdSJN5h+Iu4tEIHKCAt1IcG4TptxU+EJUq2zDOay9Qe/LtCT10PetVal7J8APNEQ1eV8oqE+a0jd3Nx7FOP/XqsS5ldnUXCz8vALIhKLQgA6Gw==

Hi Sigi,

I’m currently looking into upgrading from Postgres 14 to 15.

I’d like to align on how to properly execute and document this change.

For the usage of the PostgreSQL Helm chart from Bitnami as dependency, I attempted to perform a pg_upgrade but I’m facing some issues and asked for support in this issue:

https://github.com/eclipse-tractusx/sig-infra/issues/271

As PostgreSQL version 15.x. as dependency is already widely used: @all Has anybody already performed a successful pg_upgrade using the Helm Chart from Bitnami and if not, how did you perform the upgrade?

Something like done here https://github.com/bitnami/charts/tree/main/bitnami/keycloak#to-1200 / https://github.com/bitnami/charts/tree/main/bitnami/postgresql#upgrading by Bitnami, essentially just referring to the official documentation from PostgreSQL, can be considered a very minimal approach but in the case of an external database we’re probably limited to this.

Regarding alignment on minor versions: Even though your PR isn’t pinning a specific minor version, do you consider it necessary to align for specific releases like the next one, 23.12, on a specific minor version? The testing phase is planned to start in the end of Oct and I’d assume that there shouldn’t be a minor version change after that point in time.

Thank you and kind regards,

Evelyn