[thym-dev] Thym 2.0

Hi,
Following the approval of using Cordova CLI as a dependency I have started to work on Thym 2.0. The biggest change is we are replacing our own implementation of build and plugin management with Cordova CLI. This allows us to have more accurate and complaint builds and better plugin management which have started to be a problem as Cordova CLI continues to change rapidly.

There are several significant changes due to adoption of Cordova CLI:

1. platforms: Cordova CLI keeps a platforms folder on the project tree where it keeps an up-to-date copy of the each platform specific project. On Thym 1.0 the platform specific projects were generated
as needed outside the workspace.

As a consequence, The "Export cordova platform project" is not needed anymore and will be removed on 2.0. Instead we may implement actions to open native projects on their designated IDEs such as Xcode etc.

2. With the shift to Cordova CLI our value add is now providing better user experience and guidance on setting up the cordova development environment. I plan to implement a cheatsheets based system for
this purpose.

I am hoping to make the initial drop for Thym 2.0 this week, initially on a branch but I think we are
not far off and will be ready to merge to master around February.

--
Gorkem

Back to the top