Re: [thym-dev] build

To bundle we definitely need to get node/npm/cordova-cli CQ'ed.

Even if we want to just invoke them from command-line, I think we need a workswith CQ. If we want to invoke cordova-cli, I'm not sure we need CQs
for node or npm, maybe only one for cordova-cli is enough.

From my experience with the Cordova iOS and Cordova Android workswith CQ. If we replace our whole build mechanism to use cordova-cli it will require
a prerequisite CQ even if we do not ship it with Thym.

That is my understanding too - but not necessarily for *all* possible versions.

But if we want to provide some automated installation for them (download,
unzip and others), I don't know what kind of CQ we need...

@Gorkem: What do you think about providing mechanism to install
cordova-cli and dependencies from THyM, and to invoke cordova-cli when possible? Does it seem to be a good idea? If so, it may be worth getting in
touch with Eclipse IP staff to check what needs to be CQ'd.

I agree we should start the discussion around this with the IP team,
cordova-cli has around 20 deps, very frequent releases, I think the worst
case scenario would be to CQ ever release.

I have an outstanding question with Mike M. on wether we can't just
do like we've done for the cordova runtime. Get one open source version CQ'ed (the android vesion) and then the Blackberry, ios, etc. are works-with - in my logic (which might not be legal logic :) if we CQ'ed current cordova cli version (V1) then the future versions (V2..VN) could just be done as works-with. We would be able to ship the first T1 but the others would be downloaded by the user. That is how it from
my perspective works with WTP servers for example.

If that would work we could just fully CQ versions at significant milestones/differences like (T5, T7 etc.)

I think we should try at least one and then do the delta once - just to see how bad it would
be before call it quits :)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top