Re: [thym-dev] Contribution

Hi David,
Welcome to Thym project.

Here is our brief status, the active development of the project has
moved to Eclipse (we use GitHub as our main code repo). I think the
functionality that we have is quite mature, to the level that Red Hat is
shipping it as part of JBoss Tools. That does not mean that we are done
functionality wise, for instance, as you have mentioned, we do not have
debugging or application signing. I guess the list can quickly grow. If
you have any functionality that you would like to work on, please open a
bugzilla[1] and state that you are working on it, this is simply to avoid
any conflicts. If you've any questions and I think you will given the
lack of documentationm, this mailing list is a good place to start. And I am mostly on IRC at
#eclipse-dev and #jbosstools at Freenode.

Android and iOS are the two platforms that we support because of
resource/priorities. Most of the platform support is done through
extension points. Android/iOS support are extensions to core Thym as
well. Currently, we have two extension points for adding a new platform,
one for generating a native project from a Thym one. and the
second for building the native project. Extensibility is one area that
we have not exercised much, so I am sure that we have some oversights
and missing pieces and what not, since this is a very young project that has not done
an official release, we have freedom to change things. If you are
wishing to add BlackBerry support, I suggest start by taking a look at Android/iOS
plugins and we can add missing/incomplete pieces as you progress.

Our plan is to make a release with the Eclipse Mars release train so our
planning should be in sync with the release train.

Also, if you have not seen it yet we have a development doc in[2] which
may help with getting started.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Thym
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/THyM/Development

--