Re: [threadx-dev] help

Dear Metehan,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in the ThreadX RTOS.

My name is Dana, I am part of the Eclipse Foundation staff, being the process engineer looking after the ThreadX project and I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities.

1. I can tell you for sure that ThreadX is a SIL4 certified RTOS as per the IEC 61508 requirements. (https://threadx.io/faq/#what-does-safety-certified-os-mean)
A good source of basic information for the project is the FAQs we put together for it: https://threadx.io/faq/, as well as the actual project documentation: https://github.com/eclipse-threadx/rtos-docs
Also, being an open source project, it is, of course, free to use.
2. When it comes to support, here are the plans for it for the future: https://github.com/eclipse-threadx/rtos-docs/blob/main/rtos-docs/general/lts.md
3. STM32 microprocessors are supported as stated in https://github.com/eclipse-threadx/rtos-docs/blob/main/README.md#supports-most-popular-architectures

I hope this helps.

With kind regards,
Dana Vede
--

Dana Vede

Automotive Software Process Engineer (SDV WG, ThreadX) | Eclipse Foundation AISBL

Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube

Eclipse Foundation
Driving Innovation through Open Source Software
dana.vede@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mastodon: @dvede@allthingstech.social

Join us in Mainz! Open Community for Automotive - October 22-24, 2024

My working day may not be your working day! Please don’t feel obliged to read or reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.