Re: [threadx-dev] Anyone using ThreadX on Microchip ARM-based MCUs?

Hi Jason.

I am not familiar with Microchip's product line. So, I cannot comment on the suitability of the PIC32CZ CA for your project. That said, it looks nice.

Generally speaking, ThreadX supports Microchip products leveraging the following architectures: AVR32, ARM7, ARM9, Cortex-M3/M4/M7, SAM3/4/7/9/A/C/D/E/G/L/SV, and PIC24/PIC32.

Our getting started guide repository contains a detailed sample involving Microchip's ATSAME54-XPRO. That board relies on the ATSAME54P20A MCU, which features a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 processor with a Floating Point Unit (FPU). Since the PIC32CZ CA features Cortex-M7, I think ThreadX will support it. After all, the M7 supports all the instructions found in the M4 and uses the same exception model.

We have been in contact with Microchip since before Microsoft's announcement. At this point, they decided not to join the interest group. We will, of course, stay in touch with them and hope they will support our community at a later point.

If you are a current Microchip customer, I strongly suggest you tell your contacts there about your interest in ThreadX. Customer demand is always a powerful motivator.

Best Regards,

Frédéric DESBIENS

Program Manager and Evangelist — Embedded, IoT, and Edge Computing | Eclipse Foundation

Mastodon: @fdesbiens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx