[thingweb-dev] Article and Member Logo Usage

Dear all,

I would like to share two news:

  1. @hidetak (Hideki Takano) has written an article about the Node RED integration of node-wot. It is in Japanese but can be easily translated. You can find it at https://qiita.com/hidekita/items/6d07452922e201c89cdf
  2. I have learned that we can use Eclipse member companies’ logos without complicated authorization letters etc. since they have already given authorization to Eclipse Foundation when signing the membership agreement. Of course, we need them to create a PR to indicate their usage. See the excerpt below:

section 2.3 of the  Eclipse Foundation membership agreement, reproduced below.

2.3 Use of Member Name and Logo. Unless otherwise agreed, the Eclipse Foundation may use Member’s company name and logo anywhere where, and in a consistent manner as, similar Members’ names and logos are displayed. Any use of Member's logo shall be subject to the then current logo and trademark usage guidelines of Member. The Eclipse Foundation may decline to display Member’s company logo if it, in its sole discretion, determines that it cannot reasonably meet the requirements of Member’s logo and trademark usage guidelines.

Best,

Ege

Back to the top