Re: [technology-pmc] RE: Sapphire draft proposal

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Konstantin Komissarchik
<konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe we have done enough in scope statement to clearly state that it is not a goal of this project to compete with EMF. I do not believe that this project proposal should need a stamp of approval from EMF to proceed. What do you expect the response to be? I am sure that EMF community believes passionaly in the technology they are working on and would view us simply not grasping the pure truth of it all. Who is right? Only time can tell.

Like I said, I explicitly support competition within the Eclipse.org
community (it's needed for our success) but I would take the
opportunity to work with the modeling folks (at least invite them to
comment once there's some code and more specifics) to see if some type
of collaboration would be possible. Do you need their blessing, no?
You only need the blessing of the Technology PMC in this case which we
have been supportive but cautious.

On a side note, it's harder for me to see what you're doing without
the code in front of me. However, that problem should be fixed soon.

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org