[technology-pmc] Re: Project IP Log

Gene,
Answers for you...
In an effort to make OHF's Project Status Reporting as 100% compliant with what the PMC envisions, I have a few questions that it would seem are best answered by the PMC itself.

Section 1 (Committers)

Does the PMC care if a column for the Committer's organization is added to this table?
That seems like a good idea.

Section 2 (Developers)

The first sentence states: A list of all the non-Committers whose contribution is still active in the repository.

It looks like the PMC is looking to see what components the non-Committer Contributer has had committed to CVS.
Actually, Eclipse Legal just needs you to keep track of who did the work and the bug numbers.

            3  If 2 is correct, is there somewhere that a Committer's personal contributions should be recorded?
Not needed
            5. If a component has multiple contributers, will it have an table entry for each contributer?
Yes.
            6. Should a bug# entry be added to the description column for every code change or fix made to the contributed component by that same contributer?
Yes.
            7. Should a code change or fix made by a contributer who did not work on the original contribution cause a new row entry to be created?
Yes. The best way to compute this is just to query Bugzilla for all the changes, remove the ones made by committers, and viola, you have a list of all the non-Committers who contributed and the documentation of what they contributed. Of course it means that all non-committer contributions need to be coming in through Bugzilla patches, but that's already supposed to be happening.
            8. If a code change or fix for question 6 adds or removes lines of code, should the size column be adjusted?
I use "lines of change" instead of "lines of code" and thus the number is "abs( wc -l patch )".

Section 3 (Third Party Software)

I assume that this is only Third Party Software that has been Eclipse IP Staff approved and committed to CVS.
I saw an example where a column for the related IPzilla# was added. Unless you voice an objection, I will add this column to our Section 3 table.
That is correct. The IPzilla# is a good idea.

I am attempting to get the OHF IP Log filled in accurately by year end as per your PMC minutes.
Regards,
Bjorn

Back to the top