RE: [technology-pmc] Re: EPF: Seeking approval for 2 contributions

Mike,

We can proceed with submitting the contribution questionnaire with EPL code only. Aftere the donation is approved, EPF team
can work together to redesign or fill the gaps left by removing the non-EPL components. I will work with Onno ( representative
of LogicCMG ) on the exact next steps.

Charlie Yan
EPF Tooling Dev Lead
Phone: 408-342-4681

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

10/13/2006 10:23 AM

Please respond to
<mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Technology PMC'" <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Charles Yan/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS, "'Janet Campbell'" <janet.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Straaten, Onno van der'" <onno.van.der.straaten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: [technology-pmc] Re: EPF: Seeking approval for 2 contributions

FYI - This is actually a topic that is being actively reviewed by the IP
Advisory Committee of the Board.

I can tell you that mixing GPL and EPL is definitely a serious problem and
would encourage you to seek alternatives.

> Per,
> The Technology PMC approves your filling out the Contribution
> Questionnaire for these two. I'm a bit concerned about the
> GPL pieces of software (TinyMCE and html2text), but I'll let
> Janet say whether it is an issue. I.e., is it ok to encourage
> users to mix EPL and GPL code?
> Clearly it is against both the EPL and GPL to distribute a
> system that includes both EPL and GPL code. But if you just
> encourage users to use them together? I don't know.

Back to the top