[tangle.ee-wg] News from the Tangle EE Steering Committee

Dear Tangle EE Members!

It has been a few weeks now since we were elected to Tangle EE WG’s very first Steering Committee. Therefore we want to give you a short update on what we have been doing since then, and what we plan to do in the near future.

Obviously, we first got ourselves organized with a mailing list, shared drive and other “virtualization” tools. We have established a bi-weekly meeting every second Friday afternoon. We are actively supported by the infrastructure and services of the Eclipse Foundation and the IOTA Foundation, which has ensured a smooth start! For you as member it means that if you have any business you want the Steering Committee to address, just reach out to your favorite ;-) Steering Committee member who will see that your issue gets on the agenda of the next meeting.

Next, we formally approved our charter, allowing us to get truly operational. One consequence of this has been that we have started collecting the first annual fees (July 2020 to June 2021) which constitute the basis for our operating budget.

We then officially invited our Guest Members to the WG paving the way for their active and unrestricted participation in our joint endeavor. Please welcome:

n  Object Management Group

n  Otto von Guericke Universität Magdeburg

n  RWTH Aachen University

n  STMicroelectronics International N.V.

n  TM Forum

Earlier this year, the IOTA Foundation participated in the Open Market Consultation leading up to the Pre-commercial procurement to extend the European Blockchain Services Infrastructure (EBSI). In the next few weeks we will look at how the Tangle EE WG can take part in this tender. As IOTA Foundation and Eclipse Foundation (since its recent move) are both genuine European organizations, we believe that this can be a pivotal opportunity for us to secure a central role in this initiative. So stay tuned – this is going to be exciting!

Finally we have started working on our Tangle EE Program Plan. You all know our mission, our generic strategy and the (to-date) two projects we oversee, but how do we actually try to implement any of this? What concrete activities do we plan? How do we actually govern Tangle Identity and Tangle Marketplace? Where do we plan to spend our budget with you and for you, our members?

We had a very good discussion with the Eclipse Foundation who have given us ample advice and templates from their other Working Groups. But eventually, the Tangle EE group – not just the Steering Committee - need to be truly creative and come up with our very own vision, mission, strategy, objectives, activities, and key performance indicators for tracking our success.

We as Steering Committee will set this iterative process in motion by defining the overall structure and identifying a first set of objectives and activities. That should happen in the next weeks (accounting for the holiday season). We will distribute our first draft to all the members for review, amendments, and prioritization —an iterative process we will carefully steer to foster widespread participation. We will identify and gain commitment to the resources required to implement our Program Plan (Warning: this will also involve you!), and then start to execute on it.

So, stay tuned for our first draft of the Program Plan!

If you have any questions or contributions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us and we promise to come back to you!

Navin Ramachandran, IOTA Foundation (Chair)

Christoph F. Strnadl, Software AG

Philippe Calvez, ENGIE LAB

--

Univ.-Lektor DI Dr. Christoph F. Strnadl, CBPP, CMS (UK) | Tel:    +43 (1)   32950-114

VP Innovation & Architecture | CTO Office                | Mobile: +43 (676) 83329-214

Software AG                                              | Twitter: @archimate

c/o Software GmbH Österreich                             | Email: christoph.strnadl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tech Gate Vienna, OG 9                                   |

Donau-City-Straße 1, 1220 Wien, Austria                  | FN 51421w - HG Wien

„Method is the road after we traversed it.“   -- Pascal Quignard (& Slavoy Zizek)

Back to the top