[swtchart-dev] swtchart release for 2020-06

Hi,

The Trace Compass project has been using org.swtchart for long time and SWTChart provided us with great capabilities for drawing xy-charts in Trace Compasa. I recently looked into migration to org.eclipse.swtchart for Eclipse 2020-06 to be able to get latest fixes and improvements (thanks a lot for that). We also have a dependency to the Linux Tools project (pie charts), that recently moved to org.eclipse.swtchart. So it makes sense to migrate Trace Compass as well.

I was able to make the Trace Compass code compile and run with the org.eclipse.swtchart release 0.12.0 after adjusting to the API changes from the original org.swtchart code.

I have a few questions about the future plans for org.eclipse.swtchart:

- Is org.eclipse.swtchart part of the simultaneous release train? If yes, I can’t find a corresponding .aggrcon file in git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/simrel/org.eclipse.simrel.build.git

- What version will be released for 2020-06?

- Where can I find milestone builds to be able to test early Trace Compass features using with the latest SWTChart.

- The org.eclipse.swtchart project is still in incubation and I’m wondering what is the API policy between releases?

In advance thank you very much for your reply.

Best Regards

Bernd

Back to the top