[sw360-dev] New Version 11: Java 11, Liferay 7.3 and more

Hello,

  it is safe to point our that we have a new version of sw360:

https://github.com/eclipse/sw360/releases/tag/sw360-11.0.0-M1

As in the release notes there are new features, including:

* A Japanese language file for SW360
* Multiple values for external ids for the same keys
* A completely new health check service for better monitoring of an sw360 installation
* Improvements on project handling

And it brings larger changes in the stack:

* OpenJDK 11 (finally!)
* Liferay CE 7.3.3
* CouchDB 2
* Thrift 0.13
* Reference installation on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

## Installation:

1. fully automated is with vagrant, works with current master at

  https://github.com/sw360/sw360vagrant

It will be tagged soon to 2.0, tag 1.0 is for OpenJDK 8 and Liferay 7.2.1 and version 10 of sw360

2. Manual:

  https://github.com/eclipse/sw360/wiki/Deploy-Natively-11

with Liferay CE 7.3 setup instructions:

  https://github.com/eclipse/sw360/wiki/Deploy-Liferay7.3

3. Upgrade from previous reference installation (OpenJDK 8, Liefray CE 7.2.1, CouchDB 1.X...):

  https://github.com/eclipse/sw360/wiki/Deploy-Upgrade-to-Liferay-7.3-and-Java-11

## Notes

1. Why not CouchDB 3? Actually, when coming from CouchDB 1, a step to CouchDB is required before, lets do CouchDB 3 later.

2. Tested? on a number of installations

3. There might be typos and such in the documentation - your feedback is welcome

Hope it works well also for you.

Kind regards,
  Michael

Back to the top