[sumo-user] generating PT routes

Hi all,

I have two shapefiles: one containing road information (including ID, start and end nodes, speed, etc.) and another with just bus stops (ID, longitude, and latitude). I have a few questions:

1- Is netconvert capable of merging these two separate shapefiles into a single SUMO network (.net) file?

Although the shapefiles were initially downloaded from OSM (Geofabrik), I have made some modifications by deleting many roads and stops, keeping only the primary and secondary roads, along with the bus stops on those roads.

2- I’m wondering if the --ptline-output option in netconvert will work in this case. If not, what would you suggest for generating PT routes (i.e., sampleRoutes.rou.xml)?

I also have traffic count data (for cars and buses) from detectors.

3- Once I generate the sampleRoutes.rou.xml for buses, I’m considering using routeSampler.py to create the final PT routes. Would you recommend this approach?
Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Fereshteh Jafari Shahdani
PhD candidate, Dep. of Civil Engineering
ISISE - University of Minho

Back to the top