[sumo-user] Route to include Edges and Nodes

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the routing of SUMO traffic. I have a SUMO vehicle with a route and I have made it possible to switch between two options:
- the SUMO vehicle following the route as part of the traffic simulation;
- manually driving a vehicle and place this vehicle in SUMO using TraCI.

Both work very smooth and I can switch between the two, but only on edges which are part of the route. I cannot switch on nodes/junctions, this will make my vehicle disappear from the simulation, because it does not recognise the nodes/junctions as part of its route. I think that this has to do with the fact that SUMO routes consist of edges and not nodes/junctions. Maybe if the nodes/junctions are included in the route as well, that it would be possible to switch on them.

Does anyone know if it is possible to include both edges and nodes/junctions in the vehicle route?

I did some research, to no avail, and tried to input nodes straight away, but that also did not seem to work.

All suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards,

Pepijn

Back to the top