[sumo-user] density in edge-based output

Dear SUMO team,
I am experimenting with a network on which many edges have pedestrian lanes. These lanes are included in the number of lanes for those edges. For example, If an edge X goes from A to B with two vehicle lanes, a dedicated bus lane, and one pedestrian lane, the number of lanes shown in netedit will be 4, and edge outputs will show something like: "density= 32 laneDensity=8".

I know it sounds a bit obvious, but I need to double-check how the density is calculated. Is 32 in the example above the density of all users (bus, ped, car), and then laneDensity is simply 32/4? If the simulation only has cars and no transit or pedestrians, will it still show laneDensity of 8 when it should be 16?

Thanks,
Soheil

--

SOHEIL KESHAVARZ (he/him)

Graduate Student | Research Assistant at iUTS Lab

Wilson Ceramic Laboratory, floor2

Back to the top