[sumo-user] Questions about creating a capacity drop and lane-changing before a zipper junction

Dear SUMO Team,

I'm building a lane-drop bottleneck scenario and trying to create a capacity drop. I tried the 'priority' and 'zipper' modes for the junction, but both of them didn't perform the capacity drop even when demand greatly surpassed the capacity. Also, I turned 'speedDev' value to 0.05 and 'lcCooperative' to very low(0.2), as taught in SUMO documentation, but it still didn't work.

I adjusted the input flow rate and did the experiment. The relationship between the inflow of the network and the throughput of the bottleneck is attached. In my scenario, the bottleneck has 2 lanes and the upstream section has 4 lanes. After inflow exceeded 4000veh/h (i.e. 2000 veh/lane/h), throughput was expected to drop but it didn't.
4e9c8231ada3f54f03a178a480a941d.png
Another question is about lane-changing behavior in front of a zipper junction. It seems that vehicles tend to keep a higher spacing for merging and start to accelerate about 100 meters in front of the merging point. How to make them wait and pass alternately only at the merging point?

image.png
I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Xuanmian He