Re: [sumo-user] Multimodal Jamming at large intersections

See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Networks/Import/OpenStreetMap.html#junctions (and attendant links).

Am Sa., 29. Juni 2024 um 00:09 Uhr schrieb Hector A Martinez via sumo-user <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Dear Sumo user community,

I am having some serious jamming issues at intersections and also the traffic signals created by SUMO/OSM seem to be part of the challenge.  I am not a traffic engineer so I can use some help about how to remediate this.  I am using SUMO for multimodal and commodity movement evaluations.

Here is an example of an intersection that has multiple traffic lights that seem redundant to me right in the middle of the intersection circled in Orange color:

This is causing jamming also because vehicles get stuck in the middle of the intersection and don’t continue their routes and they also block other modes like the Rail line you see in the picture. I have to manually remove this trucks for the other traffic to keep moving.  This is not a solution I can live with because those are Commodity trucks that need to arrive at their destination for my evaluation.

I am also trying to use NetEdit to remove those extra traffic lights in the middle of the intersection but I am having trouble even finding them in netedit. They seem bundled up in netedit.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hector A. Martinez, P.E.

MITRE | Solving Problems for a Safer World (R)

813.207.5365