Re: [sumo-user] Preparing parking file from coordinates

The tool https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Detector.html#mapdetectorspy does something quite similar.
It should be fairly easy to adapt it so it writes parkingAreas instead of inductionLoops (send us a pull request if you change the tool)
If you're not into programming, you may be able to to some search/replace on the generated detector file to turn it into parkingAreas.