Re: [sumo-user] Forcing buses to re-position to the beginning of a bus stop

In a similar use case I solved this by setting the final <stop> to parking="true" and parkingLength to a value that is big enough to accommodate all buses (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Public_Transport.html#bus_stops).
Alternatively, you can give the buses a lane-based stops with startPos and endPos values that are more specific.

It probably works if you define a waypoint (stop with positive speed) and give it an 'until' value. This forces vehicles to drive to the endPos and then delay for the 'until' time.