[sumo-user] Sliding in LC2013
  • From: Gergely Ferenczi <Gergely@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 08:53:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=mxt.co.uk; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=mxt.co.uk; dkim=pass header.d=mxt.co.uk; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=GWRNBxsFxGVXznAnIIZOSdhBZujfjuLwiqN2DVVf6nQ=; b=M0ytGTB66Fl7OEl50GtyxvvSKaW4W0wW7nioLbKjNAU0Oz/ud/HwWFHjLecUojFIlH9/gCR/1JSBoLGTvJXuJekXfBfdrC14yJh4FXyFGOxM6E39jg8Coi9xQAAoyvXGXvzxyUKvROht8zaxhqmEctAsleeIdfI6DrTvgPeJupsgtD7zqdkoJSuWMKbgEXeaha2v3kBC1jCJmcjN6RoJHTKMglXao0xHICpwSR8UbEhSA64IrZ0mITWI5Pqtdsss+/I6qJ+WjBIBNklCklvJDP9zFChemYN0+d5TvwmcDIx3cH7UZyvwiHGDFbJe4S+6EV1xZmUnk0CVRjvOsEG72w==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=YJZojFSAk2P3Rcxq8Ud++yz7Bwv04HC/cuh8qYqp/W8W46s/YNlkcmasgZupDdv8sJIty5cx+kFNHrknM1qXnjZ1KoWvCgk52+DUSjlScGFrmFWtUJ58Z4aGKGwvBcOgK3lgyRIfbzHR9snxGScnX4Uy20xyjDm2EJAdPiKZtCD/qf5Vn+zY25FiceCdvtVX95isScYCLGUpECkxHCDLBTccMza5Irv2cQnTf3YpD98LYzFdv+FLuYlu4cxxMSrody8EOZPVt1+1k1OUqv6k3PRd3nQiIw29ih2twH2oIh5bIvJRhfy7mkf+8vysajyjcCZEEtSCsPsmsDoo9qpw7A==

Dear SUMO user group,

In the context of refining traffic I am trying to eliminate sliding. I have done some work on this while we were using the sublane model but we switched to the simple continuous lane change model as the lane changing behaviour, apart from the remaining sliding, is much less problematic (with sliding turned off, lcMaxDistLatStanding = lcMaxSpeedLatStanding = 0, the sublane model is very prone to deadlocks, vehicles do not make their lane changes in time when leaving the motorway and vehicles being in-between lanes when queueing).

The switch has dramatically improved traffic behaviour but some sliding is still exhibited when in heavy traffic jams. I have modelled this in a reproduction scenario by inserting stationary vehicles blocking the road. I have plotted the forward and lateral speeds of the vehicles as they slide across and they indeed appear to have no forward motion when they are sliding across. The attached example is for vehicle "type1.21". The velocities are computed from the positions and timestamps of a vehicle.

The documentation says that the parameters lcMaxDistLatStanding, lcMaxSpeedLatStanding & lcMaxSpeedLatFactor affect both the sublane model and the simple continuous lane change model. In my reproduction scenario playing with these parameters does not seem to affect the simple continuous lane change model and I cannot eliminate sliding.

How can I eliminate sliding in the simple continuous lane changing model (LC2013)?

Kind regards,

Gergely Ferenczi

This email and any files communicated with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please inform us and delete this message. It is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal the contents of this message to anyone.

MXTREALITY UK LTD. trading as "MXT" | A company registered in England and Wales | Company number: 10431348 | The Courtyard, 4 Evelyn Road, London, United Kingdom, W4 5JL