Betreff: Re: [sumo-user] Braking distance used for getJunctionFoes - explained

Datum: 2024-01-05T14:35:51+0100

Von: "Hriday Sanghvi" <sanghvih@xxxxxx>

An: "Mirko Barthauer" <m.barthauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you Mirko, what about the braking distance calculation? Am I recalculating something SUMO already calculates and doing it incorrectly? Then, does SUMO provide this information for a vehicle?

Still confused about the exact meaning of some variables, could you clarify please? My understanding of the meaning of the variables:

foeId: ID of the vehicle that is considered as a foe (eg., conflicting flow at the intersection)
egoDist: Distance of ego vehicle to the intersection + intersection to foe vehicle
foeDist: Distance of foe vehicle to the intersection + intersection to the ego vehicle (shouldn't this be the same as egoDist then?)
egoExitDist: Distance of ego vehicle to the exit of the conflict area / intersection
foeExitDist: Distance of foe vehicle to the exit of the conflict area / intersection (which may be the exit of the junction or more upstream - but how can I control this?)
egoLane: Internal lane ID of the ego vehicle at this intersection/conflict area
foeLane: Internal lane ID of the foe vehicle at this intersection/conflict area
egoResponse: True if foe vehicle has right of way or if ego vehicle is yielding, otherwise False
foeResponse: True if ego vehicle has right of way or if foe vehicle is yielding, otherwise False

Please advise.

Sincerely,
Hriday