[sumo-user] Issue with Modeling Bus and Bicycle Lanes in SUMO
  • From: Henri Grossmann <henri.grossmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 20:43:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=transcality.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=transcality.com; dkim=pass header.d=transcality.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=pGM8ZMHTjWShZ1RWxpXnzG0W6l3CPTG5ZkamutZWUyc=; b=elIvKsasOPxy93qD5kXoSXyZFjPZCHymjlE/f2ET5vzLl7TiT59oIxaDK7xVSMdV+sJaZZOcE+/MLufqPUDDxzQ8nFrYvogUKpZtavhIYkMgIQmCLd/Il0M+iLi/0VBSzAwX06jtXezUTpnk9+Ko3yJWLvYolRNtGRX/ncyWzjMqdrqF4dYlwuJGaOqf/W7YTB3+xGaRE4eP5xSvgKJ/rWKu5U4egDr36m6s/Mt+oG9EnagJE2nlN5v5CIPUBmdSNDQz0/hD86XliOEwDjew0sXs3XX/wj4lbH3JA1b2on1oyzNCOR0qPH1/XEWnMco3iayN4PaKQApEMMc3MUvlEQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=dEWNPiYgYxAbrc8OGG5vr1DDdpC7oj1O89LAeidUJDc0aLkAPiFTxTkjeCv5Xx+S94wmZm16uO2jI0M/zlAMmpzuTFna2iz26M7BXZCgp3riAISbe/Ry3FLxqp+nqwrTavmp/H/EYYf0IFUjLCSacyWAGXodmIfZ4mm71vrcGhpEhJc/4yqx1VvjtQYTwT2pG2TnXl2V8CfPlfcbDHtGRTUXPFJbO+8iRY7hCHy8epC92qqW52XG/psJ5MwS79cC52f39a4yoJrHSi3T5mIMeGHz8qFo0OotSO3buOZuxPYjryugzjCimA1DkjA5iSPPeOpLgpWZFPORCFzbOBzWlw==

Dear SUMO Community,

I am currently facing an issue while integrating OSM data into SUMO, specifically concerning the modeling of oneway streets that permit buses and bicycles to travel in the opposite direction. I have attached the relevant OSM and network file for your reference.

The problem I am encountering is that the resulting SUMO network file does not accurately represent the situation where buses and bicycles should share the entire lane. Instead, it models a separate bicycle lane adjacent to the bus lane, as can be observed in the screenshot of edge 23472645. When I modify the "oneway:psv" tag to "oneway:bus" it correctly models the situation; however, the resulting lane width corresponds to that of a bicycle lane, not a bus lane (as shown in the screenshot).

I generated the SUMO network file using the following command: netconvert --osm map.osm -o map.net.xml --geometry.remove --ramps.guess --junctions.join --osm.lane-access --osm.bike-access

I would like to add that this problem is not limited to this single location but occurs at many other places where there is only one lane (the one with shared bus and bicycle traffic) in a given direction, without any additional lane in the same direction that allows all vehicle types.

If you have any insights, suggestions, or solutions on how to accurately represent such streets, please share them with me. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Henri