Betreff: [sumo-user] Average Travel times

Datum: 2023-12-10T07:53:12+0100

Von: "Rohan Verma via sumo-user" <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

An: "Sumo project User discussions" <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear community,
I have a simple grid network and one route. I created a flow on that route. When I increase the flow rate from 30 vehicles per hour to 100 vehicles per hour, there is a decrease in average travel time (opposite to intuition that as the number of vehicles increases, the travel time should also increase). However after 100 till 1200, the average travel time increases. But from 1200 to 1600, the travel times are almost constant even though there is no visible congestion (however, there was a backlog of vehicles to enter the simulation). Could someone please explain the reason for this? or is this related to how SUMO works?
Thanks and regards,
Rohan

Back to the top