Re: [sumo-user] MaxSpeed and desiredMaxSpeed defualt values

You can find a detailed explanation in the docs.

Mirko

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: MaxSpeed and desiredMaxSpeed defualt values

Datum: 2023-11-02T13:06:26+0100

Von: "Simon Hailemichael" <simongeb145@xxxxxxxxx>

An: "Sumo project User discussions" <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering about the default values of maxSpeed and desiredMaxSpeed parameters in SUMO. These values seem to be very high. For instance, for passenger vehicles;  the maxSpeed is 55.56 m/s and the desiredMaxSpeed is 2777.78 m/s. How should I use these values in my simulation? For example, if I have an expressway with a speed limit of 28 m/s, should I set the maxSpeed and desiredMaxSpeed to be lower than that? What is the rationale behind these values? I would appreciate any explanation. Thank you

--
Simon Michael
Road and Transport Engineer

Back to the top