[sumo-user] Question about synthetic population and household level trips

Dear all,

From the documentation, SUMO parameterizes a synthetic population based on the following information. Can you advise me on what I should do if I want to add another parameter that describes the synthetic population? For example, say I want to add household income as another parameter and make a condition that says higher-income households are more likely to use cars.

<city> <general inhabitants="1000" households="500" childrenAgeLimit="18" retirementAgeLimit="65" carRate="0.58" unemploymentRate="0.05" footDistanceLimit="350" incomingTraffic="200" outgoingTraffic="50" /> </city>

Secondly, is it correct to say that SUMO models mobility demand at the individual level and not at the household level? If that is the case, do you have a suggestion on how we can aggregate the mobility demand at the household level, taking into account some known statistics about household size and composition?

Regards
Charitha

Back to the top